Thursday, July 5, 2007

Reading List

(Note: This is my first entry, so a few things should be said. This blog is primarily intended for my brothers and sisters in the Lawnville Road church of Christ and the churches of Christ at large. Of course, anyone else is welcome to read and comment on my thoughts. This, however, is my context.)

Books you should read:

  1. The Call by Os Guinness
  2. The Jesus I Never Knew by Phil Yancey
  3. Mere Discipleship by Lee Camp
  4. Toward an Old Testament Theology by Walter C. Kaiser Jr.
  5. Words of Delight by Leland Ryken
Articles and blogs worth checking out:

  1. "It's Hard to be Seeker-Sensitive When You Work for Jesus," by William H. Willimon
  2. "No Transformation Necessary," by Dave Johnson
  3. "Getting the Gospel Right," by Scot McKnight
  4. "Is Your Gospel Robust?" by Scot McKnight
  5. "Happy Shiny Pastors"
More next week!

No comments: